While some students and families have embraced remote home learning, others are still struggling with certain aspects. For most schools Term 2 there will be a mix of some students returning to classes and others learning from home. How long this will continue for and if it will need to be adjusted again, no-one knows at this point in time. Dr Salter (a specialist in study skills) has released a video series answering the most commonly asked FAQs to help Years 7-12 families make the learning taking place at home as effective as possible this term. You can access this series here: https://pruesalter.com/RHL/RHL.php
The one hour session is broken into 17 bite sized chunks of mini-videos.
Topics covered are:
- How can families make the home environment a better space for learning?
- How much schoolwork should students be doing each day?
- What is the best way to approach the day’s learning?
- How involved should parents be and what if they also have to work at home?
- How important is it to stick to the curriculum?
- Any specific advice for senior students?
- What if students have trouble learning this way?
- What should senior students do if they feel they are disadvantaged?
- How can students stay motivated to do their schoolwork at home?
- How can students stay more focused in online lessons?
- What do you need to know about webinars?
- How much screen time can students have outside of schooltime?
- What can students do outside of their schoolwork to be more effective learners?
- What are the top tips for parents?
- What are the top tips for students?
- Where can you get help from?