Cyber-safety Presentation – ‘Growing Up Online’
You are cordially invited to an informative and entertaining presentation, ‘Growing Up Online’, by Australian cyber-safety expert Susan Mclean. The session will be delivered with Susan Mclean’s famous ‘no-nonsense’ approach and cover the positive benefits of technology, as well as what parents need to be aware of in terms of children’s cyber-safety. Topics include:
- What are kids doing online – The popular social networking sites and apps such as Secret Calculator, Musical.ly, Instagram and Yubo as well as live streaming sites.
- Online Grooming – What is it and when/how does it occur? What are the warning signs and what to do if you suspect this is happening to your child.
- Cyberbullying – What it is, where it happens, what it looks like, how to prevent it and what to do if it occurs. Also the legal consequences and the possible criminal charges.
- Sharing Nudes – The taking and sending of explicit images. The social and emotional consequences as well as the Law.
- Top Tips – How to assist the children in your care to stay safe online via parental controls and restriction passcodes.
- Problematic Internet use and gaming issues.
The session will conclude with time for questions. Tickets are HK$200 per person and they can be purchased from the links below:
- Thursday, 11 April 2019: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm at King George V School – http://bit.ly/ESF_CyberBully_KGV2019
We look forward to seeing you there.