Year 7 and Year 8 parents were invited one morning for a new parent information session on Wednesday, 12 June at KGV School. There was coffee and informal conversations with School Principal, Mark Blackshaw and the Senior Leadership Team, Heads of Year and Wellbeing Team.
Some of things discussed included:
– Curriculum overview (From PYP to MYP)
– Response to Intervention (An overview of our intervention and extension structures to support students in their studies).
– Wellbeing at KGV (An overview of our comprehensive social and emotional support system)
– Preparing your child to start in August (Tips from our Heads of Year)
– Optional viewing of ‘LIKE’ movie (KGV students have watched this movie on the impact of social media. The feedback is excellent and we strongly recommend parents to watch)
– Informal conversations with MYP Coordinator and Wellbeing Coordinator
– ‘LIKE’ movie reflections